DOGS 10 COMMANDMENTS
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any seperation from you is to be painful.
Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in the world is more grateful
for kindness than the loving heart of mine.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me. Do not break my spirit with a
stick, for tho I should lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding
will teach me the things more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well being. Speak to me, for your voice is
this worlds sweetest music, as you know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your
footstep falls on my waiting ear.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your
work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when
speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I have teeth that could easily
crush the bones in your hand, yet I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or un-cooperative, ask yourself, if something
might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the food, I have been in the sun too long,
or my heart might be getting weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You, too, will grow old.
10. On the difficult journey, on the ultimate difficult journey, go with me, please. Never
say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for
me if you are right there. Because I love you so.